Tuesday, August 16, 2005


I might be a day late but...
Anyone remember what happened on August 15, 1947? All my Indian and Pakistani brothers and sisters should recognize it - Independence Day baby!! For all you ignorant fools, on midnight August 15, 1947 India and Pakistan were formed; two countries independent of the British Empire. Their independence movement served as a catalyst for other movements across the world which eventually lead to the destruction of the British Empire.

The other day, my friends and I were discussing current events about our Indian ways, and my friend called me a FOB. Can you believe that? I GOT CALLED A FOB! To a man like me, that's a compliment! To all you white fools out there, a FOB is a man or a woman that is "fresh off the boat" meaning he or she still carries the ways of the motherland, but to an extreme degree. Symptoms of "FOBbin" for Indians include a thick accent, eating with your hands, showering with a bucket, and extreme B.O.

So I began thinking...could I be a FOB? Well today I bring you the top 9 reasons (in no particular order) why Rameshwar Rao is a FOB.

1. My major is Biomedical Engineering (I'm gonna be a doctor AND an engineer!)

2. When I answer my phone, I often say, "Vhat is up doggy friend?"

3. Everytime I go out to party, I leave an away message saying, "Where's the party, yar?"

4. Kal Penn is my idol.

5. I sang "Kal Ho Naa Ho" at a party with a friend.

6. I've used the math pickup line. ("Hey baby, I'm good at mathematics. So why don't we add you and me, subtract your clothes, divide your legs, and multiply!")

7. There's nothing better than coming home to drink a Thumbs Up or a Limca.

8. I stole some samosas from a party two weeks ago.

9. Everytime I see a friend, I say "What's Up" and give him a hand shake with a finger snap at the end.

What do all you guys? Is the R Dizzle a FOB or just an ABCD (American Born Confused Desi)? Let me know!

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, your FOB-ulous.....also do u vant to go to th epani puri toka to drink SOODAS?

my biograpghy...
I am the Vishal I live on the streets of Santokpura in Gujarat with my fellow Fobs. I am very FOB - ulous. Please leave messege or call my mobile at 011 91 2765 221548. If you want, come meet me at the pani puri toki in Petlad I will be with my fobs chewing thamacu and spitting black stuff out at the rikshas. Welcome to India. Okay see you bye..i want to meet u ..how about if we meet at Chandu's Ducan or Motu's Pan Masala .. those are very romantics places ..we meet tomm after Tution ..I can not make it early.. I will be on my Cow looking for u .. remember i tole u dat i promise to sing "Andekhi Anjaani si".. da first time i see u...oh and i also need ur biodata..chaal bye..........malesu

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've tried for so long to be black that acting brown makes you look like you're trying too hard

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo anonymous- you've tried for so long to not be a bi-yi-itch, then acting like a bitch makes you look like you're trying to hard to be a beeyatch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home