Monday, June 19, 2006

For years, I have been cryng about my computer. My PowerMac G5 has one of the best processors on the market (64 bit like what!) but it mad problems when I first got it. The video card was defected - I couldn't receive a signal from the video card when I tried turning it on. Man ATI is shady...AND my damn computer came with only 256 Megs of RAM. Best processor with a shady video card and no RAM...my life sucked.

At first these little problems didn't matter, I could slip by with just using iChat, Safari, iCal, iTunes, and Word with minimal slow down. But soon I hit my 3rd year and I had to do crazy progs on MATLAB for all my BME classes (whoa...I'ma nerd) and the shit took hours to run. That is when I knew it had to be done...i had to find RAM!

I took a trip to my favorite Asian/South Asian spot - Fry's (not the wack double arches). I copped the RAM and a new video card (Damn ATI), went home and popped the shit. The video card gave a signal...YES! I clicked the "About This Mac" section...2.25 GB DDR SDRAM...YES! It was too good to be true - 10x the amount of RAM! I quickly started up MATLAB (I do mean quickly), ran a crazy script and BAM! 2 seconds later I saw my Fourier Transform graphs. Hoooooray!!


Here I am a few days later realizing my computer is dope. This is the way it should be...I mean damn, my G5 is faster than I am in be..nevermind.


Track of the Day: Talvin Singh - Light

1 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha what a big nerd talking about your computer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home