Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Today's Topic - Balance.

And no, I'm not talkin about the thing I use to weigh out stuff in my lab. (Aight, that was pretty lame...)

As the days continue to fly by and I reminisce on the days that have passed, I continue to bring things from the past into my everyday life again. Now I know you're probably wondering what the hell that means (trust me, I am to) but let me break it down for y'all.

I've always known that life is simple, REAL simple for that matter, and that to be happy there's a certain recipe that you must follow. Yet, I rarely follow that recipe and I'm rarely truly happy.

But when I do open my eyes, mind, and heart (body, mind and soul) and stay true to myself and my beliefs, the world seems all that much better. The trees seem greener, the sun shines brighter, people seem nicer, and I feel that "all good" feeling.

What's the recipe? It differs for us all so I can't tell y'all how to live your lives. I know for me its combining the triad of life - body, mind, and soul.



And following the path of compassion.

"We need such a person to inspire us with calm confidence, to tell us what to do. Who is that person? The Mahayana Buddhist sutras tell us that you are that person. If you are yourself, if you are your best, then you are that person. Only with such a person - calm, lucid, aware - will our situation approve."
- Thich Nhat Hanh



Track of the Day: 2Pac - Nothin But Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home