Tuesday, July 18, 2006

As predicted yesterday, I'm in my lab at a ridiculous hour. Sigh...oh well.

Today we're going to discuss the idea in which I've been living my life in accordance with these days - discipline.

Just about everyone who knows me knows I lack discpline and self control. I'm always the one to cave in to eat the crappy food (mostly cookies), do a lotta stupid shit, or live in the extremes. To quote Obi-Wan from Episode 3 - "There are no extremes. Only the darkside lives in extremes." Well, enough of the Jediness..point is, I've always known that there are many things in life that you can and can't control - might as well take control over the ones that you have power to so you'll be happy in that regard.

One day, I decided to do just that. Where and how it started who knows (and who cares?) but the point is I'm living a good life - lifting and running daily, staying focus in an extremely boring class, being dilligent about my lab work, keeping up with my responsibilities, and going back to being a vegetarian.

Happiness comes from within...and that's where I started.

Oh yeah, and on my run to the middle-of-nowhere Davis, I saw the river flowing again...interesting...

Track of the Day: Jack Johnson - Upside Down

1 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home