Tuesday, July 04, 2006

As I kick back on a Monday night with the homies, I took some time to chill and let things be. Sure sure, sittin back and watch some TV and gettin my ass kicked in video games is always fun, but doin it with the right company and with the right amount of shitty Coors Light makes it all better. Now thats some dedication on my part - I'm kinda fuzzy, depresed that Mike is out gettin some from a chick and I'm not (really..when does that happen?) and I'm still writing for my fans! All two of them that is...


Anywho, things went just as planned today - woke up kinda late after seeing a late showing of Superman Returns, headed to the lab and made some PLG microspheres (don't worry about the scientific jargon, I'll explain one of these days) and headed the ARC as usual to get my lift on. As always, the dedicated steroid-using gym rat friends of mine were there doin their thing and were prepared to push me past my limits as soon I got there. Don't get me wrong - that's a good thing. These fools want to see me get big and get a six pack. Especially cause I said I'd get a "Thug Life" tat on my six pack if it shows up by the end of the summer (I hope I don't really do this...I don't wanna really look like 2Pac). Anyway, I started doing my chest work out by myself, but then I hopped on the bench, grabbed the homie Kris to spot me, and said fuck it. Ya, I said fuck it! I was gonna push myself harder than ever before and reach the goal of benching a plate (135 total pounds - my body weight) on each side!! And I did! THAT'S RIGHT!!

Trust me, this shit is relevant. Since all y'all faithful readers wanna know what I'm about, here it is. The point of me working out and lifting is more than just to get big, sexy, and get all the ladies. There is a zen to lifting, a meaning that I find everyday during my daily workouts. The process ends up being a thinking process mostly - I'll put up reps and a few sets here and there, but I spend the majority of my ARC timing contemplating. Throughout the repetition and constant struggles, I see the light of it all - that life in essence is the same as lifting. You push hard at times, you sit and wait at times, and then you push hard again. There are the good days and the bad days - the days where you're proud of what you put up and the days where you knew you could have done more. Yet at the end of it all, no matter what you did, it all added together to make you who you are and as long as you kept pushing, you'll see results.



Sure sure, a lot of that was that Ram bullshit, but I do have a point and it relates to everything in life. There is meaning in it all - from the trivial tasks of washing the dishes or cleaning up a room to the most "important" ones - the trials and tribulations. All of it happens for a reason and there is something to learn and to understand from it all.

Track of the Day: Eye of the Tiger - Rocky 3 Soundtrack

Oh ya, here's a dope quote I once heard a loooooong time ago.

"The only Zen you find on top of the mountain
Is the Zen you bring up there."

1 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home