Wednesday, June 21, 2006


At face value, it would seem as though I wasted 30 hours of my life playing Kingdom Hearts 2. In fact, after telling most people (ok fine EVERYONE I tell) that I played an action RPG that featured Donald, Goofy, King Mickey, Aladdin, Ariel, Simba, and all the other Disney characters I quickly get laughed at. Then, I show them the game...and I get laughed at even more. But as with everything else in life, Kingdom Hearts 2 cannot be judged face value.



As a game on an ex-next-gen system, KH2 boasts AMAZING graphics, voiceovers, and presentation as a whole. The game follows the Sora, the main character from the first game, as he travels with Donald Duck and Goofy in search of Sora's friends Riku and Kairi and King Mickey Mouse. Each Disney world is beautifully captured from the bazaar of Agrabah to the jungles of the Pride Lands. The game is quite reminiscent of my childhood and its really cool to travel back to all the old places that I only imagined to be in as a child. The battles, although often a simple case of button mashing of X or triangle, are all unique in their own fashions as Sora has been given the ability to perform "Reaction" commands in which Sora performs a theatrical move to damage the enemy. Once the boss has been damaged, you often find yourself saying "Cooooooool."


Although your posse is the annoying Goofy and the even more annoying Donald, KH 2 is not a child's game or a game intended for the weak hearted (Sorry sorry, bad joke). The game struggles with the philosophical concepts of good and evil, light and darkness, duality, existence, friendship, love, and the role of the heart. If you're looking for a good way to waste some time, relive your childhood, and THINK...play and FINISH KH2.

As Mickey said in the last 20 minutes of the game, "His heart has spoken. He has no choice but to follow it."

Track of the Day: "A Whole New World" - The Aladdin Soundtrack (hahahhahaha)

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha heart huh ?

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger atma brother #1 said...

God damn bwoyee. I can't believe I'm related to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home